The2SistersShoppe has a unique new item. We now make personalized shirts from photos that you send us.
Here's how it works:
1. Email us a photo (you can also send it to us in the mail if you do not have an electronic version of it)
We scanned this photo into our computer
2. Prepare the photo for the screen. All images need to be black and white in order to put them on the screen for screen printing.
The dark background was removed from the picture
Then the picture was changed to black and white
3. Make the screen. The screen is prepped with emulsion then dried. The photo is printed onto a transparency film and laid on the dry screen. The screen is hit with special light and all the black spots on the transparency will wash out. So the black parts of the picture are the parts that the ink will go through
4. The screen is blasted with water then dried.
5. The screen is flooded with ink and placed on the shirt. We then squeegee over the screen to get the ink on the shirt. The ink is heat set and the shirt is done.
This shirt was made from a copy of a photo from 1980. Newer photos will have more detail. Also, the brighter & better quality the photo the better the screen.
You can find this listing here.